Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Rose Marie

Buckeye is having a hard time politically. Lots of politicians fired and quiting. Very strange.
My daughter works for the city of Phx. and this is the first time they have actually had to fire people. Usually in hard times they just have a job freeze.
My whole family lives in different parts of Phx. One in the Cave Creek area and one in the Deer Valley area, both like where they live very much. Lots of hiking trails for winter months. My son lives in Chandler and likes it there. I live on the far west side, Avondale area. It is the cheapest area and is turning into Mexico very quickly.
Im not familiar with carpenter work but have a son in law who is a stucco contractor and having a hard time collecting from contractors who owe him for work done.
Wages have always been lower here, but some jobs pay better than others.
My daughter works for Swift trucking and the pay is not that good.
City pay is good but not hiring now.
Forget about construction it is on the way down. It crashed in the 80's from over building and it is doing the same again.
I had to move away for ten yrs while going thru hot flashes but have been back since I retired in 2000. I still do not like the heat but put up with it because of the family ties.
My family has been here since 1958 so have seen a lot of changes.