Thread: guild ??
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
zyxquilts

Hi Sewnsewer!
I belong to TLC Quilters guild, and am a past board member of the Southern California of Quilt Guilds.
Our dues are $25/year, no fee per meeting. I think we have over 100 members, and I've heard from many of our guest speakers & quilt show vendors that we are one of the friendliest guilds they've been to! (I suppose they could just be being nice, but I think they're right!) Each month we have a different program, once a year we have a potluck & in December we have a big holiday party! We have door prizes & show & tell & refreshments & all kinds of other fun stuff. Many months we offer low cost workshops or classes taught by that month's speaker or one of our many talented guild members. We do have some shy members, who would rather not stand up to show their work...but we don't mind if they have someone else do it for them! That way we can still cheer for them!
We also ask each member to donate one quilt per year for our philanthropy work. These are donated to a local women's shelter, police & fire depts, and now, to one of the organizations that gives them to our soldiers.
We also have a monthly newsletter & a website. If you would like to look at some of the newsletters, they are also posted on the website. (They are a bit slow to load, but I haven't figured out how to fix that yet!).
The guild website is: www.tlcquilters.org
The So. Calif. Council website is: www.sccqg.org