Thread: Quilt as a Gift
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

happens about 9 times out of 10...i have waited ever so (impatiently) waiting to hear SOMETHING/ANYTHING from a person i've gifted a quilt to, and finally after a long-long time...sometimes 2 or 3 months later, will finally ask...so, did you receive the quilt i sent. i hadn't heard anything from you....and i get an...oh ya, it got here, its fine. thanks...sometimes someone else will tell me, oh, she loves that quilt you made for her...even if 'she' doesn't ever mention it... it took me awhile but i quit expecting any common curtisy(boy does that word look weird) anyway,
people don't seem to be taught to make a point of thank you's anymore...so, instead of letting myself feel hurt by someone who is inconsiderate, i finally (pat myself on the back) when i finish one,i know it is good, and if i give it and do not hear anything i assume they are so OVERJOYED WITH HAPPINESS that they can not even speak!!!:)
no point in dwelling on bad manners. i did give one quilt about 10 years ago, that the reciepient was not happy with ...(she loved the quilt, i made it to go on her big over-stuffed leather sofa , and she wished it was queen sized for her bed...took about 3 months, finally i asked, so do you like the quilt? and she told me...it's nice i just wish it fit my bed...i was a little miffed, it was all silks, velvets, embroidered, beautiful, made special for that sofa, but...that was my vision not hers...so i made her a new one for her bed...and no, she didn't feel like she should return the one that was too small... i have just learned to not take it personal, lots of people out there just think of them as 'another blanket' not everyone shares our passion, if everyone did we wouldn't have anyone to give them too..