View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Not really working on anything...well, sort of. There's a black and white log cabin variaton quilt I saw in one of my magazines that I want to make for my boyfriend for a Christmas present. I've been designing it and tweaking it, mostly during my lunch breaks at work. Not going to do the striped border. I want to do it in black and red prints, but since I'm having trouble finding a variety of them (that aren't florals or plaid) I'm opting to just getting black and white prints and dying them red. Did a test run with a couple cheap black and white bandanas and some cheap dye and it actually worked quite well. Thinking about getting some better quality dye from Dharma Trading.

Its also summer again which typically means I start planning out the "Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker sea map" wall hanging. Every summer for the last three years I'll go plan it, figure out the scaling, look at fabrics and supplies, etc. and then end up not doing the quilt or getting anything for it and loose the paperwork I did for all the plans. lol. I did get some test fabric in a similar color I want the background to be in and if I find the time to get around to it I can do some test samples.