Thread: guild ??
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by quiltingchic
Lorretta I had a membership with them until I moved back to Canada so I join the Canadian quilters assoc. They are both a great organization.
Dawn
Its a shame you didn't make it to the CQA quilt conference this year!!! Its here in St. John's this week! I am going with the rest of our Thursday night quilting group tonight. We are meeting for supper first at Pasta Plus restaurant then heading over to the university to see what we can find!!! We are really looking forward to seeing the Merchant's Market! I was chatting with a few girls from the Singer Sewing World store not far from the office here the other day and they said the Merchant's Market was incredible!! I was warned to hang on to my money cause there will be sooooooo many things you will want to buy and may find yourself broke before the end of the night!!!!

Have you been to any of their conferences before? I wanted to do one or two of their workshops, but first, where I wasn't a CQA member, those members got first dibs on registering for the workshops first. When I was ready to register, the courses I wanted were filled :( Not to mention the workshops were very costly. I did find out back in February though, that some of the instructors (that are here from around the world) will be spending more time here on the island and offering workshops in some of the quilt shops. I am attending a landscape wallhanigng workshop on Monday. I am taking Monday off work to do this course. I can't WAIT!! I will be shown how to do more creative FM embroidery and thread painting which is something I always wanted to try!