Thread: guild ??
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
We also get a 20% off in quilt shops. We also have a block a month program I just won a fat quter an a 5$gift card fro doing all the blocks for the season we have a drawing each month to see who will get the blocks each month
Oh that sounds like so much fun!!! I don't have the time to join our guild here. I know many of the guild members as I used to work in a quilt store here years ago. Another reason I haven't joined is because of a nasty nasty evvvil EX-MIL!!! Mind you, she has been my ex MIL for about 8 years now and she loathes the ground I stand on.... the woman is very very childish and immature and loves to put me down every chance and opportunity she can. The last time she tried that was at the quilt store a few years ago. She tried to embarass me in front of her friends, but I had enough of her crap and I put her in her place and embarassed her in front of her friends. She never came back to that store again!! LOL I wouldn't care WHAT she said to me now, but I still don't wish to join. I don't wish to cause a scene, cause I know I would say something to her again if I had to.

But after saying that all, another reason I haven't joined is because I just dont' have the time!! Between working on my designs to sell, prepping projects and lessons plan for teaching, teaching :) and just general fun, I don't have time. Maybe one of these days I might do so when things maybe slow down for me... hee hee don't see that happening anytime soon!!

Until then, I consider this place here to be the BEST guild of all!!! You don't have to wait one day out of each month to meet, you can come here all day all night 365 days 24/7!!! Everyone is sooooooooooo nice and supportive and inspirational!! Its just a shame we all couldn't be closer together!! Just THINK of the fun retreats and sewing sessions we could all have!!! What fun!