Thread: guild ??
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Nita

I joined our local quilt guild two years ago and I just love being a member. Our website is www.towpathquiltguild.org/
We still have some charter members actively involved. There is such a wealth of talent in this guild and yet no one is ever made to feel "unworthy". There are workshops offered that are either free (if members are teaching) or a ridiculously inexpensive fee ($25 for a 3 hour class). i like the idea that we do worthwhile service projects, such as quilts to the military or lap quilts to nursing homes. The guild has brought in some well known speakers, such as Carol Taylor. Our Holiday Party is the biggest social event of the year and is so much fun. And, guess who offered to be the chairperson for the 2008 Holiday Party? You guessed it, "Yours Truly". Should be fun. We have a big quilt show every two years and our next one is Spring 2009. It is a really nice show, but alot of work to put together. I would know, because I helped with the last one. I could go on and on about Towpth Quilt Guild, but I'll spare you. But, please, take a peek at the website and I think it will give you a good idea of how fortunate I am to be a member of this organization :wink: Nita