Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 AM
susan s.

This is very interesting. So I guess if we don't jump on the real estate now it should still be cheap next year? My husband can't make up is mind about the move. We are still planning to tear down the house, But he wants to investigate a loan and rebuild I would go along with that to make the property worth more.
But I have a very strong desire to go to the desert. And leave the snow behind. Gas prices here are not far behind Az. And from what I can gather the property taxes are almost as high as Seattle.

I did like the coast for the growing season. And have considered moving back to the area N. of Seattle, We did well there in the construction field But couldn't quite afford to buy. Mostly I guess I'm afraid they are due for a hurricane. My daughter lives over in Bellingham.

I am investigating NV also. I have not spent much time searching property in Tucson, Lake Havasu or Kingman. Also bullhead City is a thought It's just that the property's are higher and it seems for obvious reasons. But We are planning to work out of the home And Sq Ft. is an issue.

Oh and how are the utilities $$$ This house has an old furnace and is drafty. We had power bills all winter $250.00 and up. Water is $40.00 month. That's the flat rate but doubles from June first through Aug. I guess AZ isn't the best place to have a lawn. Are pools still allowed around Phoenix? All I need is a pool about the size of a hot tub. Or even an $11.00. plastic pool. Of course I'd need two or three so I wouldn't have to share with two hairy Labs. :D

I plan on having solar power no matter where we end up But some places are obviously better for that than other's