Thread: Quilt as a Gift
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
GrammaO

This is slightly off-topic, but I think people just don't say Thank You anymore. Over the past 3 years or so i can count on one hand the number of thank you's (verbal or cards) that I have received from weddings, showers, graduations, etc. I took photographs for a friends wedding, developed them, made an album, etc. I spent a bunch of money and time on them, didn't charge anything and didn't get a thank you. I don't think it is so much of a reflection of lack of appreciation as it as a lack of ettiquette. I am lucky, I guess. I have made quilts for most of the grandkids and their purpose was to be drug around and loved on. Didn't expect thank yous. I have made quilts for 2 of the adult daughters and both of them do appreciate the quilts. My mom loved hers and raves about it constantly. However, I have only made two for outside the family and, you guessed it, no thank you email, phone call, card, carrier pigeon, smoke signal. Sigh. I feel your pain, but don't give up. You love making them and someday the light will go on and they will realize what a treasure you gave them. (((Hugs))))