Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by stpatmom
I know you're right. I also know that if it were me, my parents would never have given me another one. Hopefully, she left it at the tutor's house. I still need to call her tomorrow along with the other two places. Hopefully, she just left it at the house, if not, I'm praying for good samaritans to have turned it in.

I just feel badly for her.....I'm also not looking forward to her telling her dad. I think I just feel guilty for getting that upset. Now I feel as though I was saying the $ spent was more important than anything. I guess I just need help sticking to my guns!
Perhaps if DD is old enough for an iPOD Touch she is old enough to call the places where she may have left it herself. I know that may sound harsh, but it is a lesson in taking responsibility and living with the consequences. One benefit of doing it for herself is that she learns how to take the next step. A good learning experience for life.

BTW my children learned, as they grew, how to cook, launder their own clothes, make their own appointments, etc. I was amazed when, as adults, they were grateful for the lessons. They said that their friends all had to go home to Mom because they hadn't learned how to take care of themselves before they left home.