Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
When my teens asked for something that is costly, we give them the money to buy it. Funny how what they had to have suddenly wasn't that important. A less costly one would do or they didn't want it anymore. Seems when the item is given, the actual value is lost but if they spend actual money that is theirs, it's the most valuable thing ever. Just remember to not battle over the small stuff. Have several big rules and not a lot of little rules. I could care less how long my teens talked on the phone after going to bed (a little rule). They still had to get up early, make good grades and act civil the next day (big rule). It wasn't long before they figured out sleep was more important then any phone call. I saved tons of battling by not having a little rule to argue over them breaking.
I think that depends on the person...

My most valuable possessions is my Ipod, my Playstation 2, and my Wii. I received all 3 as gifts. The Ipod was a replacement Ipod for the one that died after three years, this one is still going strong, but I still plan on replacing it soon. The Playstation 2 I received for my 8th grade graduation, which was when I was 15 (story behind that has nothing to do with me being a bad student, just an evil nun and the archdiocese of chicago), and I still have it to this day. Still works too! The Wii I just received this past Christmas. I'm responsible!

I'd let her take the heat.