Thread: Quilt as a Gift
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by gingerella
It's worse when it's your daughter. I promised myself no more quilts for her - I find them on the floor- being walked on, hanging up to cover the window when the room was being painted, etc.

But then, last year she asked me for one I was making and I can't refuse. So yes, she has two more. At least I find them (or one of them) on her bed once in a while.
It's like someone else said -- "They just don't get it." We can't begrudge them for that. I certainly don't do it for the "thanks" but it really makes my heart sing when someone does appreciate it. My favorite thanks was when our SIL told my DD that he just couldnt believe that I had done something like that just for him. I had made a t-shirt quilt using all of their company logo shirts from years past and present.

Another special thanks is when the grandkids come to spend the night carrying their much loved/worn quilts that Mimi made (or when I see their quilt tossed on the floor next to a pillow -- I know they've been taking a nap with it.).