Thread: Quilt as a Gift
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by craftylady
I spent a lot of time on a baby quilt for a co-worker. When she opened it she ohhed and ahhed over it for about 30 seconds then said, it will be put to good use on the floor for the dog and baby. Talk about feeling hurt, if I wanted it for the dog, I would have given her an old rug.
Every new baby should have a pretty new quilt for use when they are on the floor and babies love to lie and roll and check out the colors and pieces and pictures on new quilts. It doesn't hurt them. I did daycare in my home for 29 years and whenever a baby and I were on the floor playing, one of my quilts was under the baby. I and other daycare children would sit on that quilt and play with the baby. It was a wonderful, loving time AND those babies grew very attached to that play quilt and as they grew, that was ALWAYS the quilt that child wanted to use at nap time. I agree with that mother. What better use for a baby quilt and one you want to be loved and treasured. Trust me, that child will favor that quilt over the fancy one in the crib because that floor quilt will have more happy memories of playing and having fun.