Thread: Quilt as a Gift
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by 3699quilter
Originally Posted by Quiltbaby
I am probably going to be slam dunked on this answer but I would like to share it anyway.

When you made the quilt, you did it with a giving heart I hope. I know you would love for the response to be thank you and what a wonderful present. But you must remember that you are dealing with humans and that may have been that person's way of saying thank you. That person probably do not know you felt the way you did. When you give something from you heart, don't worry about the thank you. God has a better thank you than man can provide. Keep giving and many good things will be given back to you. Plus if you dwell on this, that person is controlling your emotions and doesn't even know it. Just give because you love giving and expect nothing in return. What a blessing you will be.

Quiltbaby

Thanks for this reminder Quiltbaby - I just found out my niece is pregnant after suffering a miscarriage a few years ago. I will continue to make quilts for my nieces/nephews etc. because I enjoy doing so.
Last year I made 2 quilts for a co-worker's twins and even tho I didn't get a thank you from his wife I did get the pleasure of knowing their first pictures were taken while laying on my quilts!
I'd say it says a lot that they used your quilt to photograph the babies one - a very big thank you indeed but without the actual words. If they didn't like and appreciate the quilt, you can bet the babies pictures would not have been taken with your quilt anywhere in sight. They were honoring you in their own way with their precious babies.