View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I'm making a denim/blue jeans quilt for a friend of mine who's 21st birthday is coming up. I'm almost half-way done with the quilt top (looking great so far! Yay!). I'm not having any real problems with the quilt...yet.

Right now I have everything for the quilt (I seem to get everything for the quilt top and then gradually buy the things for the rest of the quilt). Except something to bind the quilt. My dilemma is: I have no clue how to "correctly" make binding from fabric and denim costs 5 dollars a yard. Expensive fabric and lack of skill don't go well together. Plus, my friend's birthday is on the 25th so I don't have a lot of time to get this quilt done.

I was thinking about using store bought quilt binding, but I'm not quite sure if I should. On one hand, it'll make things easier and I can get the quilt done in time, wheras if I make my own binding it adds more time and I sort of lack the quilt binding making skills. On the other hand, I don't know how well this store bought binding holds up to the typical wear and tear. Please enlighten me.