Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 AM
damaquilts

I am glad it was found by an honest person. And it was nice that you rewarded him. Every action has a consequence good or bad. Due to bad decisions on my part my eldest went to live with her dad who left most of her raising to her grandparents who spoiled her rotten. My youngest was basically kidnapped by my ex who spoiled him rotten such as the kid wrecked a car and his dad bought him a new one. But when the consequences of those actions panned out his dad threw him out of the house a full blown drug addict. My middle daughter who I now have to live with stayed with me. She had to go to work at 14 and supply all of her own clothes etc. I worked minimum wage and could barely afford to keep a roof over our heads. Although she fell in with a bad crowd and did some things she shouldn't have she is the only one that hasn't been arrested and has always taken care of herself. She had consequences even when she was young did chores around the house if she wanted money or baby sat when she was old enough. Her step dad pretty much left her raising to me once his son came along. She turned out the best out of the 3. She had a harder life then but she knows how to work and how to do without and how to get what she needs herself. Yep I was a mean mom, kids have chores and responsibility and I am a mean grandmother. LOL but if you ask my granddaughter who she would rather spend time with me or her Grammy its me every time. LOL