View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by jane65us
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I remember when I first started working retail a police officer showed up with a 5 year old child that had taken a chocolate candy when his mom was shopping earlier in the day. To make a long story short the mom had called the police when she discovered the boy had stolen and had the officer give the child a hard time and make the child return the candy and apologize for his actions. The mom wanted her boy to realize how wrong this was. I don't remember what my reaction was but I don't know if I could have done that to my child.
it's a good lesson for them.. My Mom did it to me, and I did it to my daughter. Lesson learned, I never stole anything again...I think it 's called Tough Love!!! :roll:
my son did that when he was 4 or 5. a friend of mine's roommate was the store manager. i took ds in, and since he had already opened and eaten half the candy, the mgr explained to him that it couldn't be resold, so he would have to work it off... got a big push broom, and ds swept (to the best of his ability) every aisle in the store. worked for him!