Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The things some people will do

tmg
    Today I was at Hobby Lobby and someone was opening up some notions and putting them in their purse and changing the prices of their fabric. As if things don't cost enough as it is now... Happily they got caught!

Oh wow thats just crazy~~~ Not cool glad they got caught.!!!!!

That just makes the fabric for the rest of us higher to make up for loses.

Shame on them. I'm glad they didn't get away with it :D

Shame on them. I'm glad they didn't get away with it :D I hope the store presses charges and doesn't just scold them. We all pay for the losses due to shoplifting.

When I see them do that I will tell and employee or mangment.
    Its so hard to catch shoplifters. With having to keep your eyes on them ever minute. I used to work in retail. I'm so glad they were caught

Blog Entries
    My fiance's son manages a CVS store, and nearly every week he files charges against shoplifters. The sad thing is that they get a slap on the wrist and a few days later they are right back in his store doing it all over again!! It seems to be their profession! There was one woman who tried to get away from him and he grabbed her arm. She twisted and turned, and her top twisted around and exposed her bare bosom for all the world to see!!! She eventually managed to get away.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if people that do things like that weigh the risks? Is it worth getting your name run thru the mud, going to court and being found guilty of a crime..all for a few dollars? Locally, there was a robbery of a convenience store..the robbers got 18.00. The next day they were apprehended...sent to jail for 15 years because they used a gun. I hope the store prosecutes the people at Hobby Lobby. I owned a flower shop for 15 years..only had one incident of shop lifting. I had a sign on the wall by the door..."free ride in a police car if you shoplift in my store" Dishonesty really upsets me...can you tell..LOL.

Blog Entries
    Good, glad they got caught. Hope they give them everything they deserve also. Can't stand scum like that.

I used to be a 'store detective' and picked up shoplifters. Had a five story building, many times to myself. I was in great shape! Made about hundred apprehensions or so.
    Anyway, If you see it, report to a manager not a clerk. Usually they don't care and look the other way. Do not apprehend them yourself or stop them. Could prove hazardous to your health.

You are right, shoplifters make us pay more. Makes me so mad. The manager of the NICE dresses at that store was shoplifting and I could never catch her. She was the trickiest devil. Eventually she got really greedy and tehy fired her, but never caught her and prosecuted her. I know she was reselling the dresses to friends and pocketing the money.

Most people I apprehended had the money in their wallets or purses. I caught more women than men. We prosecuted everyone we caught. We then told them they were not allowed back in the store. My, that was a longgggg time ago. Guess things have not changed much.

I'm glad they got caught & I hope they get the punishment they so rightly deserve!

I has only been 3 weeks since my last court appearance as a victim to having a credit card stolen by a store employee of Sam's Club. When she scanned my credit card which was my membership card she kept the card in the confusion of my getting my merchandise. To make the long and short of it she was arrested on the job the next day and taken out in handcuffs. The security tapes saw her putting my credit card in her pocket. She sold the card for $1000. The person she sold it to went on a shopping spree. Fortunately I was on the ball. When notified by the credit card company of unusual activity I did all the right things. I knew right away what happened and that the card had been left with the cashier. Sadly she is a young woman 20 yrs old with 2 children. She now has a felony that will be with her for a very long time. I can't believe that what it is going to cost her in the end was worth the $1000 she got for the card. She has to pay attorney and court fees. She has to pay probation fees. Restitution fees, 130 hours of community service and 5 year probation. Random as well as weekly drug test. Tether and tether fees. This whole mess will end up costing her over $10,000. Plus there are protective orders in place she can't come within 500 feet of me and can make no contact with me. All this because she was greedy. To top the cake... I was not the only one she did this to. She admitted to the court that she did this to 5-6 other people. She only got caught because I never use that card except to get in and out of the store. She not only stole from me but from other customers and the store. What a mess this has been. It is over now for the time being for me anyway.

Im glad they got caught too, but hopefully they have to pay the money back!

Those type of people are the ones who make it hard on the rest of us. I'm glad that they got caught because everyone is having hard times now. It's not fair to those of us who have to save to get things we need.

God bless, Dee

Blog Entries
    glad they got caught!

Quote Originally Posted by tmg
    Today I was at Hobby Lobby and someone was opening up some notions and putting them in their purse and changing the prices of their fabric. As if things don't cost enough as it is now... Happily they got caught!

Glad they got caught. It's folks like these that drive our prices higher all the time!!

I hope they prosecute them. They make it worse for all of us.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I remember when I first started working retail a police officer showed up with a 5 year old child that had taken a chocolate candy when his mom was shopping earlier in the day. To make a long story short the mom had called the police when she discovered the boy had stolen and had the officer give the child a hard time and make the child return the candy and apologize for his actions. The mom wanted her boy to realize how wrong this was. I don't remember what my reaction was but I don't know if I could have done that to my child.

Good morning...I work at Wal-Mart, not only do customers shoplift...employees, who help catch them steal. One of our 3rd shift securety people turned off cameras and his friends came in and broke into jewlry counter and also the video games locked up.
    We've had csm steal cash from registers, from the cash office, also had a assisstant manager take tvs etc out the side door to a waiting car....these people get walked out by management and police in hand cuffs.....they get what they deserve..

Pam
    I also worked store security in an upscale mall in the Wash DC area. Almost all had the $$ in their pockets, they steal for the thrill. Of course we also had some pros, and just plain junkies.

The worst thief of all was the electronics manager taking the tv's out the side door. I reported him to the store manager when I resigned, I could never catch him though.

I have worked with a nurse,who no longer works there, give a nursing home resident a ativan and keep her narcotic. She then sold it to a cna who turned around and sold it to another nurse. Some one got miffed and turned in the whole incident. Needless to say all of them no longer work there. Stealing is stealing no matter where it is done.

Blog Entries
    I can't stand it when people don't play by "the rules"...they always just want the "easy" way out...I hope they enjoy free meals, bed and room.....in our prison system. Sadly, that doesn't happen often enough in my opinion.

A long, long time ago I worked for a large Ben Franklin in N. Wisconsin. As we did our work on the floor we were to watch for shoplifters. Our boss stopped them and took over from there. The ones that continued to come in the store got ushered out by the boss. He told them he didn't need their business. They generally had the money in their pocket to pay for what they were taking.

Banned
    DUH!! I quit do that stuff years ago when the cameras starting popping up everywhere!

(I'm kidding) :lol:

And these kind of folk are doing things like this at grocery stores, which raises food prices also. Now that most stores have self-checkout, swomeone can ring up a $7.50 cake as cabbage (which is $.39/pound) and get away with paying less! it's getting ridiculous what people will do! And we all pay for it in higher prices!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast