Old 06-08-2010, 04:06 PM
ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by quilting memaw
Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
One time a homeless man was asking for money by my husband's work, so I give him 5.00. I was wanting for my husband to get done with work so I was waiting awhile. And much to my surprise I saw the homeless mn walk away and get into a brand new Catty. Needless to say I needed the money more than him. That's Chicago for ya.
I got hit like that once. I give food and clothing now. If I see some one hungry, I order something and give it to them. Did that one time at Mc D's. Little old guy, drinking coffee, frail and thin....I bought him breakfast and he SOO loved it....I like helping others out. I have been there when I was hungry and had no clothing or no shelter....SO I thank God for what I have everyday.
I agree about not giving money. We were stopped at a Carl's Jr. and a fella came up and asked for an odd amount of money, something like $16.53. He said he had car trouble and needed help to buy the part he needed. We told him we would go get the part for him and meet him at his car (supposedly just past the on ramp on the freeway). He was no longer interested and then went to other cars in the parking lot. When someone on this board posts a need for them selves or someone they know needs help I am usually willing to help if I can. Many quilters on this board wouldn't be able to sew with out some assistance and it would be sad if there was no pay it forward. If and when the decision to help out is made it is then in God's hands. It's better to be snookered than not help a deserving person.