View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Quiltgranny

Hi Everyone,

I just finished up two UFO table runners. One was only several weeks old, the other 2-3 years old. :oops:

The first one, "Friendship" table runner started with a friend's idea for three of us quilty friends to each make three like quilt blocks of our choosing; one to keep, two to give away to the other two quilty friends.

We each picked out our own fabric - unbeknownst to the other two. When our three blocks were made up, we mailed one of our blocks to the other two. Soon, we all three had three different blocks, but the same 12" finished size. One friend did purchase the background fabric for all of us.

It was up to each of us to decide how to put the three blocks together. This is my finished "Friendship" table runner. I decided to frame my blocks with setting and corner triangles. I incorporated the scraps of our three fabrics into a border before the binding. I machine quilted around each square and also 1/4" inside many of the block shapes - all done with my walking foot.

The second table runner, my "Sunflower" runner I used the free pattern available from quiltbus.com. This free pattern came with the fabrics for the top of the runner sold to me by an Ebay seller. The backing fabric was one of two lovely pieces I purchased from one of our quilting board members. Isn't it just perfect?

I machine quilted this one using a Serpentine stitch 'over the ditch' and then sewed a traced stencil motif for the center. I did all this with my walking foot.

My dining room looks a lot cheerier now as the "Sunflower" runner is on our table and the "Friendship" runner is atop a nearby sewing machine cabinet.

"Friendship" table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82598[/ATTACH]

"Sunflower" table runner top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82599[/ATTACH]

"Sunflower" table runner back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82600[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82593.jpe   attachment-82594.jpe   attachment-82595.jpe