View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by ginnie6
okay...no painting...my sewing area is in our bedroom and dh and I about killed each other deciding on this color! No way am I changing it! I fought hard for it and at the time had no idea it would be a dewing nook. so...I think I will look and see if I can find something for shelving to put under the ironing table....it needs to be just a tad lower and then it would work to just roll over to. I just made a little ironing board to go with the treadle. I use it alot. I can move the machine under the ironing table to the den or somewhere...not like its being used easily anyway. I do ahve a rolling chair and shelves up to the ceiling. I'm trying to do Bonnie Hunter's scrap program. I'll start saving for a little iron though....that would take up less space for just pressing blocks.
I have a tiny iron about 3 or 4" tall when sitting up that I love for pressing seams. There's no steam but it works great. They're available at most LQS's, Hancocks and maybe Joanns. I don't think they're too much but watch for coupons/sales. They come in red/white, blue/white and pink/white that I know of, maybe in other colors too. I think it's made by Smart tek. You can also use a small travel iron and they're fairly cheap.