Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I guess maybe I ask to much for fabrics, but being on ssi , i am financially limited. so when i get fabs i appreciate it cuz i get to sew. i show pics constantly to show everyone that i am using their fabrics and i'm quick to say thank you. I've been here a couple years and if i ask for alot, please pm me and tell me. Sometimes I get so excited when sewing with these fabs, I don't think .... So PLEASE tell me if I'm overdoing it. :oops:
I haven't actually passed on to you, yet, Bev, but don't worry. No one here is pointing fingers at anyone.
You are just the type of person that I love to help bc I am on a fixed income too.
I just started my stash before it became fixed and since i am a giver when I can be, I have been given a lot too.
My mom can't see to sew anymore, so I got an early inheritance...only daughter:thumbup: and now sharing with one of my own girls that has been bit :mrgreen:

I think it is a judgement call and you have to go on faith.
Truly needing ppl that are appreciative will post thank you's a.s.a.p....as soon as possible.
Thank you is such an easy thing to say and means a lot to the giver, and let's them know you received the gift.
I used to have a HARD time asking for any kind of help, but as quilters, we do so much that is for other ppl, and not even for ourselves, that I have a new outlook about it.
I also feel blessed when ppl will LET me give to them and don't feel obligated to give something back.
Sooner or later we all give and get and it comes out in the wash,...and it's so much FUN! :XD: :XD: :XD: