Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 AM
b.zang

Lots of great ideas floating through here.

When I started quilting, a friend gave me a box of her old magazines and there was no better gift. Thumbing through all those pictures helped me focus my quilting and guide my pattern selection. She had cut out of them, so I followed suit and cut out the patterns that appealed to me. Then I passed the magazines along to another quilter. I guess they will make the rounds to where there is nothing left!

I love to flip through the binder I have created of select patterns. I haven't made all of them, but the possibility tempts and tantalizes, and the ideas lead to more. It just wouldn't be the same clicking through computer files.

I've been gifted another huge box of old quilting magazines but am less tempted now to cut out of them, as I am finding that the patterns are landing around me faster than I can sew them. My plan is to scan the fronts, then post pictures here so others can enjoy them. It seems only right to share the wealth, and while a boxful of old magazines isn't worth the postage, there may be some gems that somebody has been looking for that will be worth the postage.