Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Mary M
I love quilting magazines and have bought many used ones so please don't throw them away. I go through my magazines time and time again and put paper clips on the pattern pages I like. I may never get them all made but I till love looking at them in the evenings when I am too tired to sew. I would gladly pay postage on magazines that could get thrown away, as long as I don't already have them.
Wow, you sound just like me!
I have mine all in those big black magazine holders they sell at Walmart and office supply stores. I label the spines of the holders as to the magazine title, and the time period. I also put skinny post-its on pages of patterns that I think I'll make some day. Since I have a hard time getting to sleep at night, I take a few at a time to bed with me and re-look at the mags until I get groggy. Many times I put post-its on patterns that I would never have thought about before. Sometimes I take OFF a post-it if I no longer have any interest in that pattern. My skills have grown, and my tastes have changed a bit. I only get rid of the very old magazines, such as the ones that have a lot of templates and don't have patterns using rotary cutters.

8-)