View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 05:27 PM
galvestonangel

Originally Posted by humbird
Originally Posted by galvestonangel
I haven't made a GFG but I did try english paper piecing and had major problems. It was on a BOM and I still having redone it. I think I would try the stamp and hand piece. It sounds quicker and less trouble than the others. Jenny Beyers hand pieces all her quilts. It would seem accuate because you have marked your sewing line. You sew right sides together so you see the line.

All the quilts that have been shown are beautiful. I may have to try one.
I am sorry you had problems with the english paper piecing. You just have to find your own comfort zone. EPP isn't for everyone. I did one many (many) years ago by piecing the hex's. It was ok, but I just prefer EPP. I hope you find a way that suits you. I'm sure you would enjoy the process once you do.
I like paper piecing and really thought I would like EPP. It sounded easy enough. It was a star and it just didn't work. The bad part is that I don't know what I did wrong and how to do it better. It was a BOM from a shop about 250 miles from me. I even considered driving up there to see if they would help. They sent me extra material but I am afraid to try it again.