Thread: another dog?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Catherine Marie

In April 2010 we had to relocate our 9 year old schnauzer because of a family issue.
The issue has been resolved but our little guy now lives somewhere else and the rescue group that took him keeps everything confidential anyway. I know for a fact though that he is in a comfortable home and the new family loves him dearly.
Anyway, I can't seem to live without a dog in the house. We would like to rescue an older puppy or dog from a rescue group. But I'm afraid.
Who has rescued a dog either from a shelter or rescue group and when it is an older dog, how do you get to know them or train them or rehabilitate them? My husband, I'm afraid, will expect a dog that is instantly trained and no bother and all of the training will be on my shoulders, which is ok, but am I up for the work? I hope so. But is there anyone who can give me some hints. And I think I know about the joy I'll feel because I've rescued, etc. just give me a reality check on this one...thanks.
PS You can see from my avatar the little guy we had to relocate. He is the gold standard for every dog we see/meet.