Old 06-13-2010, 05:08 AM
katmom54

When my two oldest left, it was just my daughter, husband and me at home...then 2 teenage boys came to stay with us...the next 4 years of high school were a lot of fun with tons of kids around. When they were graduating, I got ENS (empty nest syndrome) pretty bad, since I not only had 2 more kids...but also the bunches of friends that hung around the house. I got a dog to make me feel better - company for those lonely days...my daughter warned her friends at college (only 10 miles away) not to pay attention to the crazy woman that might keep showing up and hanging around the dorm :)...THEN...my oldest came home from the USAF -had been in England...and moved in to finish college...and his GF moved in too...then my middle son came back from Iraq -USMC, +GF -part time resident in the basement...my daughter got tired of dorm living, is back home with BF ...sons 1&2 moved back out eventually, one of the teens moved back in..then the teens sister got pregnant at 16, had nowhere to go, she, baby and dad all moved in for months, then we took care of baby for more than 50% of the time after they left...she made some bad choices about life and and we ended up with a foster child 3 years old now...expecting to adopt -court in July for termination of parent rights...I don't have an empty piece of furniture anymore never mind, empty nest!!!!
wouldn't have it any other way.....I understand how you feel. Just tell him to call often -