View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by DebbyT
It has been at least 25 years, but last night at appx 8:25 pm I sewed the last seam on my GMFG quilt top. I retired about 10 months ago and decided to attack those unfinished projects. This is one I often took on road trips. At home I sewed by machine, on the road I sewed by hand. Mine is 2" on the edge and 3 1/2" across. I use a plastic template and I think I cut 1 at a time. - So long ago. - I remember using a rotery cutter, because that is when I bought my first one and my mat. The top and bottem edge seemed too pointed so I did half blocks and made it straight. I havn't decided how to I will finish the edge. The indidvidule blocks measure 16". My next one will have smaller blocks and won't take 25 years. -------- Notice the brown one in the back of the picture. It is posted on a previous page. Juliasb is my sister and a generous one. It wasn't even my birthday or a special occation, but she gave it to me and I do love it.
Ok. So now I can tell all those gals at my children's school who see me working on the same mill wheel quilt and keep asking me, "Are you ever going to finish that quilt?" that it might take me, gulp, 25 years, but I will finish it! I just love blue and white quilts. Beautiful! And such a sweet sister, too!