Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 AM
quiltluvr

I feel that no matter the circumstances, healthy or not, when the time comes to "let go" it is with a roller coaster of emotions (especially if you get to experience it with the onset of menopause).

My kids have been in and out for the last 3-4 years. The two younger (girls, one married now) are about 5 1/2 hours away. My son (the oldest) moved out once and then we moved across the country and he stayed where he was. That was the first time I was ever separated that far and it killed me. Six months later all of our circumstances changed and he moved out with us. He's been with us for a year and a half and has been such a blessing.

A few weeks ago he announced he was all set to move again. This time a long two days drive away. Totally new surroundings. He's going in just about two weeks. I cry every night and he and I are having our great talks each night.

Yes, I'm happy for him as so many new things will open up for him. I know this is the way it's supposed to be, how (for the most part) my parents felt when I left and moved across the country, taking three of their grandkids.

I already have a sewing room so it's not a matter of using his space to fill the void.

I want them to be happy but the selfish part of me wants me to be near so I can watch and see it all unfold for them. What can I say, that's part of how I love them. I'm gonna be a complete wreck when he leaves the door the day he goes. I've never been good with "goodbyes" my entire life, no matter who it is.