Thread: another dog?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 AM
kylenstevesmom

Catherine Marie,

We adopted our dog Ricky from the Hamilton Burlington Humane Society in March of 2009. He came up with 129 other dogs from central Lousiana. He is the best dog... he doesn't bark, sleep on our bed, have acciedents in the house... nothing. If you didn't see the dog bowls you wouldn't know he's here. We also have 3 cats, whom he gets along with extremely well.

Even though BARK no longer brings dogs to Hamilton, we would adopt through them in a heartbeat. We nearly went to CO at Xmas to get a Great Pyr we picked out...

This morning Stephen said that Ricky adopted us, we didn't adopt him.

Ricky is a Maremma Sheepdog X (looks like a golden retriver/great pry mix) he only sheds twice a year so it's not to bad.

The only issue I have to say is Ricky still doesn't like our trailer. He only eats on the couch from your hand!

Ricky ran away from the boys last July 1st after they didn't listen to me. Thier dad found him 5 miles away at the bottom of a 40 ft ravine 11 hours later. He still had his leash on and everything. I am so greatful someone was looking out for us and Ricky, because it took the boy's dad 20 years to convince me to get a dog!

I hope you'll get another dog soon, check out HBHS they usually have a good selection and are easy to deal with.

Theresa