Old 06-15-2010, 02:12 AM
ctquilter

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
to be honest, i was very unhappy to see this topic posted. it's one of the type that never lead to anything productive or constructive.

sometimes questions like these are asked in innocence because a member is unclear about something and would like some advice from those with more experience in a particular area.

i have a feeling, however, that they are sometimes posted for the sole purpose of starting arguments. i can't help but picture the authors sitting at their computers with beverages and snacks, feeling thorougly entertained by the catfights and tears that fill the pages of response. is this one of those time? i don't pretend i know. i just wish i didn't need to ask the question.

the problem for moderators is that we can't always prove such things. we may have strong suspicions, but unless we can point to clear evidence of deliberate pot-stirring our hands are tied. in such cases we depend on the general membership to bring it to an end.

sometimes a moderator can be the judge. in a case like this, it 's up to you as members to be the judge and jury. if i delete or lock this one, somebody will just start another one. and another one. and another one.
My thoughts exactly!!! I responded to one of these threads. I became suspicious about author's motives when I noticed that when one dies down another one pops up.
Thanks Patrice. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: