Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
RST

Here's a bigger pic of my avatar quilt -- as requested. It's really just a very scrappy strippy quilt, using up lots of leftovers and bits cut when I tidied up my stash.

I made this quilt for auction to benefit our local early intervention center for special needs children -- my youngest son attended therapies and early preschool there, and it was a wonderful, warm and supportive environment. The title --"It's a spectrum thing" is a nod to the many kids on the autism spectrum who were classmates of my son (who has cerebral palsy).

The quilting is all free motion, unmarked, and improv. Each color band has a different style of quilting. In future quilts, I may rethink that, but it worked ok on this one. the little blocks of color in the black bands are also free motion quilted with tiny little shapes or emblems -- like a goldfish shape, to represent the snack times, or a little heart, etc.

before quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86506[/ATTACH]

now it's been quilted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86508[/ATTACH]

detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86510[/ATTACH]

detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86511[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86501.jpe   attachment-86503.jpe   attachment-86505.jpe   attachment-86506.jpe