Thread: has anyone read
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by texas granny
Tru do you have a way to get the books.
I will have to buy them. I am disabled and unable to leave my house and DD just had her 4th surgery her 5th will be the end of July. It was hard enough to find someone to do our grocery shopping I would never impose on asking them to go to the library for me.
Tru, I read how difficult it was for you to find someone to get dairy and fresh produce for you, what a nightmare! I can certainly understand your reluctance to ask anyone to go to the library for you. However, someone I used to work with previously worked at our local library and she told me she used to deliver and pick up books for a lady who lived near her who was a shut-in. Now, maybe the only reason she did this is because the lady was a neighbor, but perhaps someone who works at a library lives near you and would be willing to do the same thing. Or perhaps there are library volunteers who deliver books to shut-ins. It might be worth a couple phone calls to libraries near you to at least find out if such a service is available. Most libraries are now on-line and you can reserve books that way, which is nice. I really wish I lived closer to you; I'd go to the library for you. Our library is my second home.