View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Simple Pleasure

Your stitching must be beautiful to have been chosen to complete this quilt...you brought the woman great comfort and joy!
Patricia
Originally Posted by dsj
I think really that I was traumatized by my first commissioned piece. I had to interview for the job and take a sample of my work to this lady and her daughters. The pressure!!!! Ulda was not able to finish this last top that she was creating for a family member she had pieced the blocks several years ago and didn't finish it before she moved into a nursing home. She was giving her last quilt to her great-grand neice as a wedding gift. She was so sweet and told me that in her time when they still had quilting bees that sometimes you didn't want a certain persons stitches in your quilt and some of the ladies would take them out and redo it. Quilting was her life and hand quilting was the only way to go for her. I was chosen for the job and was truelly honored but scared to death that she would take out my stitches if she didn't like it. I finished piecing for her and quilted it. She loved it and sent me a picture of her giving it to her gg niece and new hubby, I was relieved.