View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:25 PM
lab fairy

I really hate it when people just dump their animals or let their cats run the neighborhood. Feral cats are a real issue and don't get enough press time. They can be very hazardous to ecosystems and are disease carriers (especially to pregnant women).

Our deed restrictions call for the dogs to be on a leash and other animals are supposed to stay "within the borders of the owner's property". We all know cats do not stay in yards. My neighbor feeds her 3 in her garage, they run all over the neighborhood and think my flower beds and yard are their litter box. My husband has taken to delivery their deposits back to the owner. We've tried just about everything. (By the way, in case you think we don't like cats, we have 2 indoor cats that are more pampered than my husband wants to admit.)

Unless you have show animals, etc. All animals should be spayed/neutered. My in-laws are always arguing that they are "just barn cats and not pets" but if you feed them for years, they are yours. There are far too many unclaimed, unloved animals out there. (Sorry, I got on the soapbox. It is just so sad.)