Old 06-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Bevanger
Banned

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
OH MY GOSH! I went to Wal-Mart for the first time in months and had to take a quick tour of the fabrics...how could I not? I found a couple pieces of must haves and waited in line to speak to the area assistant, proudly wearing a 10 year badge and I thought it must be my lucky day, someone who knows what they're doing.....

I was talking to the kids about the quilt they'd go in to after I asked for a yard of each. When she handed them to me, she said I don't know who in their right mind would EVER consider putting black in a quilt (one of the two is royal with black and my son's favorite material yet). She rolled her eyes, said it's just not right and ticked me off.

I asked about the interfacing/fusible web thinking well, :roll: everyone has a bad day...she said they're over there and I had to ask specific questions about the location, let her know I've not used it before and then had to guess what kind to get.

I don't care how much I have to pay at the quilt stores, even though they aren't providing the freebie info they used to, I've never been treated like this. Is it just me venting or would this have ticked you off, too? Keep in mind this is 2 days later because I was afraid of how I'd come off a day or two ago LOL....might have been some choice lanuage going on, too!!

PS why doesn't target have fabric???? I love target.
i'm sorry you had that trouble. i love the gals in our fabric section. they are so friendly and very helpful