View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
quiltstodo

Sorry it took so long to get back to you had to work later than I thought. Not sure how far apart you took it so here goes. If you remove the dial you'll see a screw and white plastic piece where the screw goes in that screw not only holds the pcs in it is an adjusting screw. He suggested having your DH put the pcs back the way he did it since it did work for a few days and then adjust that screw little by little. Also behind that where the big black spring is is also a sm. screw that is another adjusting screw. so if you are putting it back together the sm. springs first, the black spring, white plastic pc and then the screw. If you went further than that he said you may have a problem getting all the sm screws back to their proper adjustment and is time consuming. He also said to reset the memory with the switch on back because the error might have set itself in the memory and you need to clear that. How far apart did you take it? Did you go as far back as the tension wire thingy(my term not his)? He said try this and if that doesn't work then he said I could come back and he could see what else he could figure out for you. He also said when putting each pc in dust all sides with a soft little brush including the screws. Hope this helps if not let me know. He is closed on sunday and monday so I would have to go over tomorrow. All else fails my DH will take my other machine apart and write down the exact order for you and since the sewing center is so close I can always take it there if something goes wrong (he's really resonably priced for the one's that bought there machines there, last time mine was free). I will be online most of tonight and on and off tomorrow Hope we can get this fixed for you.