Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Elizabeth A.

Such a mixed bag of people we get when dealing with a subject we love! Strange when you think about it. Fabric is EVERYWHERE! All kinds, colors, and textures - seriously interesting stuff. I love putting colors together and pulling out shades and fabrics. My best day would be told "here's money buy fabric."

I so far have not found anyone locally that shares my passion (you wear it on your body everyday, how can you look so bored?), or has much more than a smidgen of enjoyment out their jobs.

Last month I send DH to Walmart to look at the sewing machine I was drooling over, and the information I sent him with caused him to know more than the person in that department. (sigh) Eventually they found someone, but it was such a "stock -I'm in a hurry- answer".

I love a grocery store first thing in the morning, (at least the ones by me) everyone is always smiling and happy to help, because no one has ruined their day yet!

The local Petsmarts (We have at least three) used to ask us all the time "What kind of pet's do you have? What is your cat's name" ect., but they don't do that anymore. :( It was a little fake I suppose, but a good portion of the US has a pet. Would you believe I've had people at Lowes (our local Home Improvement stores let you bring your pet inside) pull out pet photos to show me? Now that's friendly