View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Pam B

I have terrible eyesight and have worn contacts for at least 35 years now. I am soon to be 54 and my eyesight has progressed to where I need bifocals so now my contacts are what they call mono-vision which is one for up close and one for distance. My brain does ok with them. However, my eyesight is so bad and there is such a disparity between my distance and up-close need that I still have a few issues that we (my eye dr and me) have not yet resolved.

For instance, I find that I do not see well at night, or in low-level lighting. My dr says that is common with women so I have a pair of glasses to put on with my contacts when I am driving at night. Now, I am finding that I really need them driving during the day, as well.

I am due for my yearly visit with her this summer and I am not sure what direction we will go next. I am tempted to have her beef up my distance vision and just get some glasses for when I am doing close up stuff like reading/hand stitching, etc. But then I am afraid I would need a differect pair of glasses for when I am sewing with my machine or using my computer. And, then, of course, there is the issue of when I am teaching/working with my kdg kids. I can just picture it now...I might very well be wearing 3 different pair of glasses on chains around my neck all day long! Isn't that a funny thought?!! LOL