View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:30 PM
raptureready

I'm truly sorry this happened to you but don't let it prevent you from enjoying quilting. We've all had things like this happen to us. From people thinking that our art is a cheap way of getting out of buying a gift to just being plain rude. Your wall hanging is lovely.

It's a shame that he couldn't have been more gracious. My father wouldn't have cared for it either. He wouldn't have said so though, he just didn't have any use for things like that. I say leave it and the hurt he caused there, if you bring it home it will be a constant reminder.

A lot of older people don't appreciate anything that can't be "used." My mom was like that too. Don't give her any knick knacks that she had to dust, if it was a quilt it had better fit a bed, etc. One of her favorite birthday gifts was the year we went together and bought a handicap toilet and installed it in her bathroom. We'd have done that for her anyway but since it was her birthday and Mother's Day..... She loved it because it was practical. Perhaps your father is the same way.