Old 06-20-2010, 03:46 PM
peaceandjoy

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

After all how is the organization going to grow and do more for the community if you don't get more members?
One local guild is quite large for a rural area, but is known for being unfriendly. Several of the members also belong to the one that I belong to and express that there are many things they don't like - but because they are large enough to attract "known" teachers, etc., they continue their membership. However, the majority of them are far past retirement age and I often wonder how they will continue when the bulk of their membership are no longer able to participate. Fact is, unless they become a friendlier group overall, they won't.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm president of my small guild and I started the visitor package. Each visitor is given a packet with all the guild info, a fat quarter, a charm square, one layer cake square, and a 2 1/2" strip. The greeter cuts these and packages them with info about what they are. We make sure it is the good LQS quality.
LOVE this idea!! :thumbup: Thank you for sharing. I'm going to suggest it to our guild! :-D