View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 AM
MistyMarie

Originally Posted by Pam B
My children are grown...28,22, and 20. I still remember all those school-age years of summer dance, gymnastics, band, VBS, church camp, cheerleading camp, cheer practice, tennis, volleyball, baseball, and 4H. From the moment my school would let out for the summer till school started again it was simply a race to the finish. People always think teachers just sit at home by their pools and do nothing all summer long and that is just plain wrong! I always was kind of happy to go back to school in the fall just to have my life slow down/calm down a little bit. Now, although those days are in the not so distant past, I have to tell you....I do kind of miss them.

I am sure I will miss these days when they are over, but right now, I feel like am constantly going from one place to the next.
In just a few minutes, we are off to swim lessons. Then, a few hours after that, Taekwondo lessons. I feel like summer is just as busy as the school year. My dh gets to experience what I do when he takes leave during the first two weeks of August when I go back to teaching. (My school year starts before our kids' school does.) By mid-July, I am ready to go back to work and not have to be running around all day.