View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by barboonie2
I usually make a quilt for someone...think of them while I pick the pattern, fabric. Think of them while I'm making it. I can't wait for them to receive it. I have been disappointed more times than not when giving a gift of a quilt, so now I'm more selective re who I make quilts for. I gave a baby quilt to a relative many years ago...I went to visit their home a few months later and entered the house through the garage and saw the stained, nasty quilt in the greasy rags box. So when she had more babies, she did not receive another quilt from me. As other relatives have babies, I continue to make them quilts...this particular gal is clearly angry that she never received any more...but I don't have the nerve to tell her why. I expect my quilts to used and make them sturdy enought to endure many, many washings...but to use it as a grease rag...I don't get it.
I hate when people are just rude like that... I could see if it had been after a few years of use by the child and it was at the rag stage (since kids can be like that) but what she did was wrong! If she didn't like it, she should have said something.

I have to make one for my sister, but I have to get some fabric for it first!