View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
kjym

I know what you mean about sticker shock. I fell in love with some fabric and about dropped when it was $12.00 a yard.
It's scary when you see prices like that. Will I got 1 yard instead of a couple. when yardage got to $5.00 I thought that was bad enough but $12. is a killer. No your not cheap if you are you can count me in along with you.
I go on Fabric.com and check out their sales and if you spend $35. or higher shipping is free so that helps.
I went on a website the other day and picked out a yard of this and that that I was looking for and it came to $93.00 and I about needed the smelling salts. But I couldn't find it is the local shop so I bit the bullet and bought it.
for me to go over to Joanna etc it is a 50 mile drive so I don't do it every time I need anything. There are 2 shops in the area but they are the same shop so you have the same thing is each. I have also noticed that they have a lot less than they used to years back.
I'm glad that I went fabric crazy years back and have a huge stash to hunt through.
That helps the cause for sure.
kjym Kathy