Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Longarm

A few years ago I was invited to attend an evening that was supposedly for potential new members. I am sorry to say that was a very disappointing event. The person who had invited me (a member for several years) wasn't able to attend at the last minute, which I should have taken for a sign to stay home. But since I have gone other places alone and ending up meeting new people and having a good time I went alone. But those people were some of the nastiest and rudest people I have encountered, I left after about 15 minutes when I wasn't even allowed to sit in any one of several empty chairs, amazing how they were all being saved!!

I figure it's their loss, I have been quilting and sewing for several years, I have given advice freely and taught classes. It's not like I'm a newbie looking for free guidance instead of paying for a class. But those guild members will never have the benefit of my presence because they were so rude. NO WONDER THEY HAVE AN ANNUAL MEETING TO GET NEW MEMBERS!! If I belonged there I would drop out after seeing how they treat potential members. Also after their treatment I don't think I want to go to another guilds meeting.

Thanks for letting me sound off.

Longarm