View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM
JudyG

I will be there from July 3 to the 11th. Five friends and I rent a house in Eagle Crest and sew, sew, sew. Usually we all take a couple classes, but this year none of us found any that we really wanted to take, so a couple of our gals are going to have quilting classes right at the house. It should be fun. We do this every other year, and I am getting anxious. The show itself is absolutely wonderful. Hope the weather over there perks up. It hasn't been looking too great lately.

For those of you who don't know about this show, it is, I believe, the largest outdoor quilt show in the U.S., if not the world. There are classes every day for a week if you want to take them, and lots of lectures and other activities. The show itself is on Saturday (always the second Saturday in July) and quilts are hung all over town. There are quilts hung in the stores, but the majority of them are hung outside, from everything that a quilt can be hung from. It is absolutely awesome. If you ever get a chance, you should try to get there.