Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Rose Marie

I have seen people park in Wal Mart Lots. Dont know about pay places.
Yesterdey was a real eye opener. Our economy is in deep trouble if other areas are as bad as Phoenix.
We drove for 5 hrs looking at forclosure houses. Most were in pretty bad shape and in poor nieghborhoods.
One was in a nice place and a new house build in 2001. What was so shocking was that there were more houses sitting abandoned than were on the list for auction. The one for auction was a very nice 2 story and the house right next door and one across the street were both abandoned.
You can tell cause the yards are all overgrown and the houses were emty. Some had signs saying bank repo and real estate signs. The very next block over had 2 single level houses, both abandoned.
I have never seen anything like this before even in the 80,s when housing went bust.
The auction is on June 26 and it is USHOMEAUCTIONS. Check it out on line. Sign up for thier catalog.
Several houses should just be torn down and never rebuilt. The area was in south Phx and very poor.
Some were in better places more north but still needed lots of work.
Pools either drained of half full of swamp water. Bigger homes build around the 70,s.
The newer house was in El Mirage where the planes from Luke airforce base fly over.
Many of the houses were just left open and we walked in and looked around. Some had been trashed but not as bad as you would think for being emty for so long. We found more houses on the same blocks emty than ones up for auction. We did not drive around the neighborhoods, there are surely many more than we saw.
It was an amazing expierience. We did not check out any houses with more than the $1000 bid. There are alot with much higher bids.
My daughter in Cave Creek has been trying to sale their other house for almost a year. Somebody vandalized the pool so they took it off the market. It is a 700,000 dollar house that they could not sell for 590,000.