View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Phyl

We have all had experiences with people that "don't get it", with people who hurt others with their words. My MIL was blunt, said unbelieveable things she felt she had the right to say because her opinion was the only one that mattered. She was good to us in many ways but could cut you at the knees with her tongue. Eventually I stopped seeing her but my children NEVER knew I had a problem with her. My daughter was shocked when, as an adult, I mentioned it to her. My feelings were, some people just don't understand other people, don't know how to love other people, but are still here for some reason. She was put here to teach me how NOT to be. My children have no idea we had any problems. They loved her. She NEEDED to be loved. I took my heart away from her and gave it to people who deserved to be loved. Because of her, I have my husband, who helped me create two beautiful children, who married two wonderful spouses, and who altogether gave me the most fabulous grandchildren a Grandma could have. Here is a hug and more for you.((((((hug))))))