Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 AM
quilting.addict

Originally Posted by MI Applique Queen
I have contacted a few small quilds and quilting bees in my area in the last 2 years. Not one has responded. I have tried to contact someone at the West Mi Quilting Guild and no one has responded. I had questions. I too do not want to send money and find out they will not accept me. It is disappointing to be ignored but would be worse to be rejected. I would like to figure out a way to meet quilters in my area and start our own quilting bee. Anyone know how to go about that?
Hi, we had Priscilla Hair come and give her program at our guild. She is soooo talented (see her website http://www.priscillaehair.com/Landscapes.aspx). and an absolute hoot of a lady. I laughed until I cried!! Anyway, she tells the story of when she was first quilting and didn't know any other quilters. She went to the library and asked if she could rent a room. When she told them her purpose, they said she could have it for free. So she ran an ad in the local paper saying anyone interested in quilting and hanging out with other quilters should come to the library on such and such a date. Thirty some women showed up!!Ta Da!! a quilting group. You know they don't have to be a non-profit, certified guild to be fun and effective!! I suggest that if you do this, you mention in your ad you want people with interest in fiber arts of all kinds!!
Jeannie in GA