View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Elisabrat

Now aren't you in Virginia or somewhere near there now? I would imagine critters. You need a wire fence about 6 feet high around your veggies or you can just kiss them goodbye and enjoy the wildlife from your porch while they chomp chomp chomp. My sis lived in Georgia then in Virginia and they always came a calling. I live in the Sierras and was told that no way would veggies work as well its a local snack bar. I already feed the squirrels and the turkeys and the deer.. the racoons are hitting the back porch looking for swept out kitten kibble, then of course the red fox keeps coming looking for treats too (do not leave your trash outside the door without putting it in a locked can).. the list goes on. I think sometimes seeing the little guys is worth losing the fruit. Next year: what about those tomato plant hangers that you hang upside down off your porch? so they are not ground height? I am going to give them a whirl.. probably just encourage the deer to waltz up my stairs and come stand on the rail and get them anyways. Worth a try! (those worms mentioned earlier are BIG thumb size and green you cant see them til your both looking eye to eye.. ugh)